For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, a tandem skydive is unlikely to be forgotten! Many do sponsored tandem jumps for charity or simply just for the thrill of falling at speeds in the order of 120-180 mph. With a tandem skydive you get to jump from at least 10,000feet just like the professional skydivers. Once your parachute has been opened by your instructor, you will be allowed to control it under the instructors guidance. The landing is controlled by your instructor. A video of your skydive can be arranged at the centre on the day of your jump.
Key points of a Tandem Skydive
- Training and jump completed in one day.
- Securely harnessed to an experienced instructor at all times during the plane ride and skydive.
- Jump from at least 10,000 ft just like professional skydivers.
- Freefall at speeds in excess of 120mph until you reach 5000 ft.
- Steer the parachute yourself under the expert guidance of your instructor.
- Landing controlled by your instructor.
- Certificate issued upon completion of your skydive.
Participants should set aside a full day to complete their training and tandem skydive. You should not rule out the possibility that adverse weather conditions may delay or postpone your jump.
All participants need to satisfy the criteria laid down in BPA Form 115, a fully completed version of which needs to be presented on checking in on the day of the course.
- Need to be 16 years older and above, 16 & 17 year olds need parental/guardian consent on BPA Form 106
- Max weight is 15st 7lbs/98kg unseen but we may accept up to 16st 12lbs / 106kg after a face to face personal assessment at Peterlee. Weight Limit at Skydive Teesside is 15st. If in doubt please contact us before ordering.
There is no charge to reschedule 10 days or more in advance of the booked date but within 10 days of the booked date a £35 reschedule fee is charged.
Courses normally go ahead regardless of the weather conditions but should adverse conditions prevent jumping from taking place no fee is charged to reschedule to a new date. Participants are expected to allow the whole day until 8:30pm or dark, whichever the earlier, to make their jumps.
All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions – please ensure that you read and understand them.
Please note that the £50 payable today is an initial payment to secure your skydive. The balance of payment will be payable on the day of your skydive. Total amount payable is £250. £50 today / £200 on the day of the skydive.
1. Peterlee - County Durham
2. Hibaldstow - North Lincolnshire
You may also be interested in the following product(s)